RUFORUM YOUNG SCIENTIST AWARD (YSA)
The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM), established by ten Vice Chancellors in 2004, is a consortium of 114 universities from 38 African countries. RUFORUM is coordinated by a Secretariat hosted by the Government of Uganda at Makerere University Main Campus. RUFORUM supports universities to address the important and largely unfulfilled role that universities play in contributing to the well‐being of small‐scale farmers and economic development of countries throughout the sub-Saharan Africa region. The consortium has several unique features for building Africa’s innovation capacity and for engaging universities in development process and practice.
In commemoration of the Annual General Meeting (AGM), RUFORUM is unveiling the Young Scientist Award to honour young and dynamic scientists who hold tremendous promise for scholarly achievement in RUFORUM member universities in Ghana. There will be three RUFORUM Young Scientist awardees in this round of competition. Each recipient will receive a citation and a cash prize award of United States Dollars Two Thousand (US$2000).
• Individual from a Ghanaian University/Research Institution
• Has completed at least MPhil/PhD or equivalent degree
• Must be born on or after May 1, 1980
• Female only application for Women in Science Award Category
Activity entered for this award must have been:
• undertaken no more than five (5) years prior to the closing date of entries
• published in one or more respected, externally-refereed scientific journal(s), book(s) or equivalent electronic publication(s) and the publication must be indexed for example in Scopus, among others.
Download the full Call